No fewer than fifty lodgers including hotel workers scampered to safety as fire razed a section of a five storey building of Excel Oriental Hotel and Suites located along Airport road, Oshodi, Lagos State.
The fire which began from the topmost part of the hotel building according to an eye witness was caused by electrical spark from an air-conditioner in one of the suites.
It was gathered that some of the lodgers and hotel workers who were trapped in the building escaped from being burnt through the window with the aid of a ladder.
Meanwhile fire fighters from the Lagos state fire service and the emergency response unit were on ground to put off the fire and also give first aid treatment to those affected by smoke from the fire.
As at the time of filing in this report, no dead was recorded, one person fell unconscious and about five were injured.